Wednesday, July 1, 2015

I'm Back! - July Goals Edition



Hey, everyone!

I am so happy to be able to blog again. I've used this blog as an opportunity to share little bits and pieces of my life as an online scrapbook of sorts. Unfortunately, my life has been so, so busy, and I've had little to no spare time. And, of course, the blog had to be put on hold. I'm sure it will have to be postponed again in the future, but I'm happy to be back on here for the time being. Blogging takes a lot of time! You guys are worth it, though. I've really enjoyed the new friendships I've made through blogging, and I've pinned a thousand new crafts and recipes that I can't wait to try out thanks to many of your blogs as well!

I really have enjoyed writing my goals down on paper these last few months. It makes me take them a little more seriously. So, on to my July goals!




  1. Find a good illuminator - I have the palest skin in the world, and sometimes it just looks chalky. I use a highlighter nearly every day, but nothing seems to give me that dewy glow I so envy. This goal is simply to try out a few new products to find an illuminator that actually works on my pale skin. 
  2. Get outside more - This one is fairly self-explanatory. I'm definitely more of an "inside girl", but I truly enjoy getting outside. Peanut loves to walk, and living on a lake makes the outdoors even more enjoyable. And I need to get out there before life takes off without me again...!
  3. Plan a girls night - I need to be more purposeful about hanging out with my girlfriends, so I'm making this a priority this month.
  4. Read more "fun" books - I tend to read books that require my complete attention and make me think. I love those books, even though I'm sure some of you would rather take a beating. With grad school starting at the end of August - at a theological seminary no less - the fun books will definitely be put on the back burner while I'm up to my eyeballs in Hebrew and Greek studies. I need to read for fun while I still have the chance.
  5. Make Peanut a Vet appointment - Poor little guy, I keep making him go to that mean old vet. Actually, he has a great vet, but he hates going. I need to update his shots so he can continue visiting everyone at the nursing home. I'm also considering getting him x-rayed once a year. When my family dog passed in 2014, we had no idea anything was even wrong with her spleen. Without her showing any symptoms they didn't know to check her out. That being said, I'm thinking about doing a good screening once a year just to keep an eye on Little Man's insides. I can't lose Peanut unexpectedly. He needs to live at least 47 more years or so... If only, right?! 

What are your plans for the rest of the summer? Do you have any big vacations scheduled, or are you looking forward to some lazy summer days at home with your family?

Keep in touch! I'm so glad to be back! 



No comments:

Post a Comment