Monday, July 6, 2015

Lake Junaluska Recap - Part 1



Lake Junaluska is my happy place. It is a holy place, too. I look forward to this trip every year. It's just so special to me. This was my third trip to Music and Worship Arts Week, and it was everything I wanted it to be yet again!





Here we are leaving the church. We had a big crew go to Lake J this year, so we had to take the church bus. Not quite as comfy, but at least we had room to move.




My seat mate for the 12 hour trip. He has an identical twin, so you may be seeing
 double in the pictures below.




This is how I do 12 hour drives!




Twin 1 drew my profile. Not too bad!




How I spent most of my time: reading and listening to those two cackle!




We arrived at the Marriott in Birmingham, AL for the night. The long ride made our kiddos a little nutty!




Don't we look excited?




She thought it would be fun to push me into the fountain...




Maybe that long ride made the chaperons a little nutty, too!




For some reason all the kids showed up in my room!







At the pool




My friend Sandy trying to push me into the pool.
(That was her daughter who tried to push me into the fountain above. Like mother like daughter, I guess!)




Day 2 of our drive to Lake J




We made it!




Three of our kiddos with Chief Junaluska




Look at that view...







Riding the trolley to worship with Twin 2







Loved my new Converse "Shorelines"













I could probably write a post everyday on Lake J, but I will try to hold back. 
More photos to come next Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment