Tuesday, April 7, 2015

March Book Club!




Sorry I am just now getting around to posting March's Book Club. Life has been soooo crazy lately that I had to take those two weeks off from the blog in March to take care of things.



When I first started this book, I was not impressed. If you want to study the Bible for yourself and truly experience it as you read, I would strongly suggest one of Kay Arthur's Precept Studies. However, as the book passed the basics of Bible study, I started making notes and highlighting sections for future reference. I'm glad I persevered because as a speaker, I got a lot out of it.



I didn't know who Amy Purdy was until Dancing with the Stars last year. I really liked her attitude and overcomer spirit, so I downloaded her book. It was great, y'all! I read this while walking on the treadmill, and I was sad when it was over. This gal has gone through some serious adversity and is now an amazing example of undefeat.



Yay! I had been looking to read this book for quite some time, and it was everything I hoped it would be - a sassy take on an overworked Christian lady. We all know I like to be busy, TOO busy. So, reading this book taught me about how to say no, even to things I want to say yes. All of you ladies need to get your hands on this one.



I saw this recommendation on Goodreads, and a few other bloggers have mentioned it. It was a light read with a great storyline. One to just sit back and mindlessly enjoy.



This was easily the most difficult read of the month. For someone preparing to study graduate theology in the fall, I'm very hungry for these earlier writings with deeper truth and genuine knowledge of Scripture. Although it is a relatively short book, you have to read it slowly to truly absorb what you are reading. Loved it!


Do you have any recommendations for me to add to my "to read" list?

No comments:

Post a Comment