Tuesday, July 26, 2016

July Book Review!


So I read A LOT this month! 

Something about the summer months just makes me want to crack open a good book and relax after a long day. I also enjoy reading while working out on the elliptical or treadmill. It's the perfect distraction for that workout boredom.

This month I read a few really good ones and some okay. Fortunately, no duds this month! Here's a look at what I read in July.

*****

(To see the complete list of books read so far in 2016, click here. To see the complete list of books read in 2015, click here.)

If you are interested in following me on Goodreads, you can find my page here.
New reviews and books posted monthly!




I really loved this book! For all the fullness of God available to His daughters, we often feel limited by two defining insecurities: “I am too much,” and “I am not enough.” Co-authors and best friends Jess Connolly and Hayley Morgan have felt the same, until one essential question turned the tables on it all: If God is wild and free and he created women, what does this mean for us today? Wild and Free is an anthem and an invitation in equal parts to find freedom from the cultural captivity that holds us back, and freedom to step into the wild and holy call of God in our lives


Let's All Be Brave

I've mentioned before that I really love Annie Downs. As a young woman, writer, speaker, and blogger, Annie shares her journey toward bravery with honesty and humor. Using wonderful stories from her own life, contemporary real-life examples, and fascinating historical and biblical references, Annie makes me want to just go out and be a better version of me.




Silver Girl

The best Elin Hilderbrand book I've read yet! Meredith Martin Delinn just lost everything: her friends, her homes, her social standing - because her husband Freddy cheated rich investors out of billions of dollars. Desperate and facing homelessness, Meredith receives a call from her old best friend, Constance Flute. Connie's had recent worries of her own, and the two depart for a summer on Nantucket in an attempt to heal. I really need to see this Nantucket for myself one of these days!





Bread & Wine is a collection of essays about family relationships, friendships, and the meals that bring us together. I picked up this book after reading raving reviews, and while I love Shauna Niequist, I don't love food and the industry of food enough to warrant reading a book about it. However, she does a great job of telling stories, and she includes some great recipes. You foodies might really want to check this one out!


The Battle Plan for Prayer

The Battle Plan for Prayer begins with prayer’s core purpose, its biblical design, and its impact throughout history. I read this one as part of my daily quiet time, and really enjoyed the fundamentals of how effective prayer works and how it encouraged me towards a closer, more intimate relationship with God, and shown how to develop specific prayer strategies for each area of life.




It's Not Okay

Andi Dorfman, star of The Bachelor and The Bachelorette, talks candidly about what it’s like to be courted by handsome, single men in this juicy, insider’s peek at dating—and breaking up—on national TV. The book is full of entertaining and heartfelt stories about her fellow Bachelor alums—many of whom are still close friends, and reflects on her personal challenges and uplifting experiences in love. I've read a lot of former Bachelor books, and this one is in the top 3!

*************

What have you been reading this month? I'm always looking for new suggestions!

Be sure to stop back by tomorrow for...




**************

Be sure to follow Vogue Happiness by email or Bloglovin!


I love hearing from you, so comment away with likes or thoughts for future posts.

You can follow along daily at:


No comments:

Post a Comment