Monday, July 27, 2015

Waiting on God




God has the right to interrupt our lives. 

When we surrender to him we give him the right to interrupt our lives at anytime he wants. He can help himself whenever, wherever.

God also likes to take time to prepare our hearts for his assignments. I am a doer. When God gives me a direction, I’m ready to go. It drives me crazy to sit around and wait. But wait we must. God gives as much time necessary to prepare us, but also for the sakes of those he wants us to reach. He’s preparing their hearts simultaneously! What if I dove right in, and their heart was not ready to hear the Word? They could easily be offended. I could have thwarted God’s plan for them. He would still reach them, but not through me.

God wants to involve us in his plans. We need only be receptive to his call. God is doing the work already to prepare us for this call. When he speaks, he has a purpose. Think of all the many Patriarchs that had to wait. Abraham waited 25 years before God came through on his promise to make Abraham the father of many nations. God used those 25 years to prepare Abraham to be the father Isaac needed. And Moses walked 40 years in the desert before catching a glimpse of the Promised Land.

Friends, I know the wait is hard. Especially when it is something we desperately want. Hang in there. It’s been over a year since I felt his call to ministry. I’m only now applying for Seminary. I had to wait for the right time. His right time to be exact. And let me tell you, over the last year, God has sifted and beat me until all that is left is raw material. Now, he has something to work with! I continue to wait on him for my ministry. He is preparing my hearts and yours to be what he needs them to be. Be still and wait on the Lord. I promise you the wait will be infinitely worth it!




©2015 Jean Claire Monroe · All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment