Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Just Me, JC - NASA!


Just Me, JC is back and this post has been such a fun trip down memory lane - my love for all things NASA!

Yes, seriously. 

I HEART me some space, especially Space Camp. 

I attended Space Camp in the springs of 1996, 1997 and 1999 at the US Space and Rocket Center in Huntsville, AL and spring of 1998 in Houston, TX.


I'm really not sure when my infatuation with NASA started, but I'm assuming it was somewhere around the time Apollo 13 was released. Then, in sixth grade the Space Camp opportunity was given to me, and I was the first person to sign up!


Please excuse the photo quality - most were taken in the late 90s! 


A view of the US Space and Rocket Center in Huntsville, AL


We're here!!!!





This is the Habitat Bay where we slept. Those tubes are the bedrooms. 
We slept like real astronauts (minus that whole gravity thing!)


The space shuttle Pathfinder on display with an external tank and solid rocket boosters.


Rocket Park
Saturn V rockets among others are on display in this area.


The rocket boosters under the Saturn V 


The grave of "Miss Baker" one of the first American monkey-nauts to go into orbit and return alive.





The real Command Service Module from Apollo 13


Arabella the space spider. They found her alive in space!


A Lunar Excursion Module on display in the museum


Inside Marshall Space Flight Center











Rocket Park at dusk





The Space Shot - you experience blast off like going into space at 4Gs!


I stole this pic off the website so you can see what it looks like up close.


One of the most fun aspects of Space Camp is trying out all the simulators. This is the Multi-Axis Trainer. You never orbit the same way more than twice. Very cool!



This is probably the most "far out" (sorry, I had to!) Just Me, JC post yet, but it is so me!
I'd love to hear from you in the comments!




No comments:

Post a Comment