Thursday, July 30, 2015

July Book Club!




As usual, I have some great reading suggestions for the month! Every single one of these were great. Don't forget I've created the Book Club page where all of my book suggestions are in one list - including the links!





I've never watched Duck Dynasty. I've heard it's a good show and the family is a great representation of Christ's love. We need more Christian shows! I saw Sadie on Dancing with the Stars, and that's what made me pick up her book. It's such a good, encouraging story on how to be the best you. She includes scripture readings and questions at the end of each chapter inviting you to dig deeper into your own story, how to live according the Fruits of the Spirit and how to live a life that best exemplifies Christ. It's a great read for all teens and young women.




This is a great read for younger teen girls. I read it just for some useful knowledge on young women's ministry, and Stasi explains being a girl in a way that even a guy could understand! She really encourages the reader to live a life reflecting the life and love of Jesus Christ. (Perhaps that was a theme this month?!)




A good, funny, light read. One of my goals this month was to read more "fun" books, and this was a good one!




Warning: this is not for the causal reader. It's long and deep, but absolutely beautiful. What a man Billy Graham was and is. Deeply moving.




This is the second book in Joel Rosenberg's series. (Refer to the Book Club page for a link to the first book, The Last Jihad.) I really enjoy his writings. Normally, geo-political thrillers do not even get a second thought, but I've been really impressed with these. Have any of you ever read Rosenberg? I'd like to know your thoughts. 




A positive, encouraging book on how to lead the life you've always wanted.



I'd love to hear some of your suggestions in the comments! 
I always get the best recommendations from my readers!


No comments:

Post a Comment