Monday, December 1, 2014

Anything Could Happen


 
 
 
I am a walking stereotype.
 
 
 
Or that's what people say. Long blonde hair (all natural). Blue eyes. I like to dress in bright colors and sparkly accessories. Six inch heels. I even have the stereotypical blond Chihuahua. Some say "She's hand fed with a silver spoon." Well, I'm not. I have had a very blessed life so far. I have had many amazing opportunities. I've also had my share of pain. But that's not what this post is about.

 
 
In the spirit of this past Thanksgiving, I did a lot of thinking. It's been quite the year. Turning 30 closed the door on my so-so 20s and opened the door to this newest chapter of life. I welcomed my 30s gratefully.
 
 

Then my family dog died. 12 hours before my 30th birthday. If you've ever lost a beloved pet you understand my pain. She was my little sister and best friend. At 14, she lived a good long life.

 
 
Then I lost my job (which I couldn't stand, but hey, I have bills to pay...).
 
 
 
This year has humbled me greatly. I have had many "pit-dwelling" days before, and I'm sure there are a few more to come. But this year started off icky. I hadn't felt this bad about myself in a long time. I was exhausted by merely existing. I wanted to LIVE. My heart wept for the days past and the future I thought I had coming. At 30 I was wondering, "God, is this it?" Surely I had more to offer this world, didn't I? I was left questioning "What am I going to do with this one life?"

 
 
When you hit rock bottom and are forced to look deep within yourself, you are forced to acknowledge the good and the bad. I'm a very social person. I'm not meant to be alone. But I was. That's when I discovered the nature of humility.

 

It forced me to get down on my knees and pray for strength, grace and hope. And I got a good lesson in patience, too... . Little did I know God was preparing me for something BIG. I landed an amazing job that I love. I received an offer to work in ministry with The Lighthouse Rescue Mission. I grew in my Bible study abilities. I stretched my faith so far I have stretch marks! God used this awful time in my life to prepare my character for the life I have now.
 
 
 
 
 
So, do all bad things happen for good reasons? Romans 8:28 says so. God works for the good in all things. I'm living proof. But it hurts so bad in the meantime doesn't it? I know this post isn't exactly "Motivational" and may not make much sense, but all I wanted to tell you is believe. You are worth so much to Him. Stay the course. I know how much pain you can go through waiting for God to reveal your purpose. But, you are worth the wait. Hang in there, friends. I love you all so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment