Tuesday, December 30, 2014

2014 Recap

 
 
 
Well, 2014 has come and gone! I hope it was awesome for you and your families. I was going back through some photos on my phone and decided to do a 2014 recap post with the highlights from this past year. There's no flow to it, so I hope you just enjoy looking back over 2014 with me.
Tomorrow we are talking New Year's Resolutions!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
The number one best thing about 2014 is this little guy! I received Peanut a little before Christmas last year, but he has made all the difference in my life in 2014. I am just so thankful to have my little buddy.
 
 
In January 2014 we had the "snowpocolypse" in South Mississippi. Roads were iced over, people lost power, planes were grounded... Anyway, I was headed over to my Dad's house because I was off work due to the weather, and I started thinking really bad thoughts about my neighbors who had let their dogs out in all that snow and freezing cold weather. Then I got to Dad's and saw the above...Chandler was out in the snow just a shiverin'. (Dad got an earful from me!)
 
 
 
 
I celebrated Mom's Valentine's Day party with her
 
 
 
Mom's brother, my Uncle Greg, brought his choir from Blue Mountain College down to sing for the residents at Lamar
 
 
 
Me and my sweet Chandler
 
 
 
Here Chandler and I are on her 14th birthday, March 1. I have had this little girl since I rescued her at 4 weeks old. I literally grew up with this puppy. She was my best friend and little sister.
(She passed away shortly after on May 1 from a ruptured spleen. My heart still breaks missing her.)
 
 
 
 
I finally got to experience "Brookstock" with my girls
 
 
 
Preaching on Alzheimer's disease as always
 
 
 
In Omaha, NE
 
 
The Senior (adult) Prom was held on Mom's birthday and the band played and sang for her
 
 
 
On our way to Lake Junaluska, NC for Music Week!
 
 
 
At Lake J
 
 
Sandy and I had the bright idea to take a Line Dancing class while at Lake J
 
 
 
Getting ready for one of our choir rehearsals
 
 
 
At the Mast General Store in NC. We loaded up on lots of candy!
 
 
 
Sandy and me before the concert
 
 
 
Our performance
 
 
 
Enjoying a canoe ride around Lake Junaluska
 
 
 
Sliding Rock in NC
 
 
 
The Tipping Point had some awesome lighting!
 
 
 
My friends Jennifer and Laura at the Walk to End Alzheimer's kickoff
 
 
 
Camp meeting month calls for old-fashioned hats!
 
 
 
My friend Darlene and I took a beach weekend
 
 
 
Teaching Peanut the moves to "Greased Lightning"!
(I got bit.)
 
 
 
Being interviewed on Alzheimer's disease in the Pine Belt area
 
 
 
Mom and I making promise garden flowers for the Alzheimer's Walk
 
 
 
 
Prince Charming wore his purple bow tie in honor of World Alzheimer's Day
 
 
 
I enjoyed a great fall Bible study "Believing God" with several ladies from my church
 
 
 
Peanut was the star of the show in his kissing booth at Trunk-or-Treat
 
 
 
"Peanut Udder" in cow costume
 
 
 
I rode a horse for the first time in 20+ years
 
 
 
I started working for this amazing ministry!
 
 
 
A group photo from my favorite speaking engagement of the year
 
 
 
I enjoyed playing piano for the Veteran's Day celebration
 
 
 
Just one of the many Alzheimer's chairperson duties
 
 
 
Hattiesburg's Junior Auxiliary Charity Ball
 
 
 
Thanksgiving lunch with Mom
 
 
 
Sibling love
 
 
 
Kathy and I representing Lamar at one of the many events this year
 
 
 
The Holiday Choral Spectacular
 
 
 
The Lighthouse's Grand Re-Opening Party
 
 
My boys and me at the church Christmas cantata
 
 
 
Purvis United Methodist Christmas cantata 
 
 
 
My main squeeze and I at the Pet Walk
 
 
 
I got to go on Rock 104's and B95's morning shows to promote the Alzheimer's Walk
 
 
 
With some Meistersingers ladies before "Bachtoberfest"
 
 
 
Chaperoning the children's choir trip to Praise in the Park
 
 
 
PUMC Ladies Night - Tacky Christmas Sweater party fun
 
 
 
Aren't we cute?
 
 
 
My full outfit
 
 
 
Peanut met Santa!
 
 
 
Mom and her "Santa Baby"
 
 
 
Mom and I before her Christmas party
 
 
 
And after the party!
 
 
 
Singing Christmas carols
 
 
 
PUMC Choir Christmas party
 
 
 
Sandy and me at the party
 
 
 
Me and P on Christmas Day
 
 
 
The Monroes, Christmas 2014
 
 
 
I hope this year was as wonderful for you as it was for me. Here's to many more!

No comments:

Post a Comment