Monday, January 26, 2015

The Old House

I am never moving again.

We all know that's not true, but it's definitely going to be awhile! I knew I had a lot of stuff, but... The best part of moving is the possibility of what's to come. I have a bigger house to decorate. It's on the lake (On which there is this cattle egret that squawks and Peanut goes nuts. It's hilarious...). It's closer to work and church. Lots of new, fun possibilities.

But I'm sad that I've left the old house. I LOVED that house. If I was a house, I would look just like it. Split levels, blue walls, pink counters... It sounds crazy, but it looked great. I figured I would do a quick recap of the old house to set the tone for the new house decoration posts to come!




The first time I walked into the house and saw these aqua blue walls I knew it was the home for me.



I matched my furniture and decor to the walls (instead of painting to coordinate with my furnishings!)






I had a gigantic laundry room with walk in closet. And room for...


\

The shoe collection!



I hated the pink marble sinks at first, but they kinda grew on me.



My cross wall at the top of the stairs.



Master bedroom






Master bath






I never fully decorated the guest room.



And a nice big fenced in backyard for P! (And it kept his buddies out.)
P.S. That was his girlfriend. That my dad accidentally ran over...




Hopefully I will have the new house ready for a home tour soon! 

I'd love to hear some of your moving horrors in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment