Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Painting with a Purpose


World Alzheimer's Day fell on September 19th this year, and you may or may not have seen #paintitpurple everywhere. I know I blasted it all over social media for a week. If you know me personally, you know I have a deep passion for patients with Alzheimer's disease and other dementias. In accordance with World Alzheimer's Day, Lamar Health and Rehabilitation Center in Lumberton, MS decided to literally #paintitpurple at Painting with a Twist!


I am so proud of Lamar Health and Rehab and the work they are doing to raise awareness and funds for the Alzheimer's Association. I've been chairing the Walk to End Alzheimer's for 6 years, and enthusiasm ebbs and flows amongst teams. But not Lamar! I am constantly amazed at what they can pull off. Like this check above for $523.00 in only 2 hours!


(Follow me on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram here.)




Ladies getting set up to paint












Alzheimer's awareness had the largest "Painting with a Purpose" turnout - ever!































This is Mary, the Activities Director at Lamar. Love her!




Our mothers are residents at Lamar, so we made them each a painting.




We had the best time! Thank you Lamar Health & Rehab and Painting with a Twist!




My finished work. (Is the swing a little high or what???)


No comments:

Post a Comment