Wednesday, January 20, 2016

All About that Face!

One thing that I've always been super protective of is my skin.


 I have extremely fair skin, but it's not sensitive. I can use pretty much whatever products I like, so I have had the opportunity to try several through the years. Today I am highlighting some of my favorite Masks, Moisturizers, Peels and Primers.


(*Disclosure - I am not being compensated for this post. Opinions are strictly my own.)


(**Although it seems I should probably become an Aloette consultant...!)



MASKS



I have never found one Aloette product that I don't like. This Warming Pumpkin Energizing Masque is no exception. I love the way it feels on my skin and how good my skin looks after each use. 



Aloette also carries this HYDRA Peeling Masque. This is the kind you peel off rather than wash off. I tend to wash anyway because it gets hard to see the residue to peel. My skin feels so fresh afterwards.




I cannot recommend Aloette's muddy UP enough! This stuff gets it ALL out of those pores. It's absolutely amazing. 




MOISTURIZERS



My number one favorite moisturizer is Aloette's Nutri-C Moisture Creme. It smells great, dries quickly, and leaves my skin in the best possible shape. I use it daily before applying foundation.





Laura Mercier's Tinted Moisturizer is a go-to on days I don't wear foundation. It gives my skin just enough color to keep me from scaring folks and provides a subtle illumination.



You can't go wrong with the Bobbi Brown Moisturizing Creme. It's a little more expensive for about the same results. Its worth trying though.



PEELS






This stuff is fantastic, y'all! Really. You know that feeling you get when you rub your palms together and create all that friction? You skin starts to slough off and get all gross? That's what this Aloette Restorative Enzyme Peel does without the rubbing. You just massage into your skin all your dead skin starts sloughing off. This is an absolute must have!


I probably would never have tried Dr. Dennis Gross's Alpha Beta Peel had I not received a sample with a Sephora order. I mean, who can put something called "Gross" on your face?! It turned out to be an awesome little peel. However, I much prefer the Enzyme Peel above.



PRIMERS


I've only been using primers the last couple of years. Beauty has evolved so much that it's hard to keep up sometimes. Primers have become a no brainer for me. They even out skin tone and smooth out those pores. The MAC Prep + Prime is top notch.






Another inexpensive primer that I love just as much as the MAC is Maybelline's Baby Skin Pore Eraser. Your skin really does look and feel baby soft.






Revlon Photoready primer is a great everyday choice for those not wanting to invest big $ on something you can't see. 



**************


There really are a lot of great products out there!


What are some of your favorite masks, moisturizers, peels and primers? I'd love to hear from you in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment