Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Stranded Series - 3 Books I Would Take to a Desert Island!


Happy Tuesday!

Today we are linking up with Shay and Erika for their newest series - "STRANDED!"

Each month we are showcasing three things we would take if we were stranded on a deserted island, and for May it's my favorite - books!

Now, narrowing it down to only three books is ridiculous. Thank goodness this is rhetorical because I could never choose only three books to be stranded with!

Here's what I came up with:




Christy

I absolutely LOVE this book. I started reading it one day after my mom finished it for the bazillionth time, and I got hooked. I've probably read it a half dozen times or so, and it never gets old. And don't let the cover throw you. It may be historical fiction, but it's not a romantic anything. In the year 1912, nineteen-year-old Christy Huddleston leaves home to teach school in the Smoky Mountains and comes to know and love the resilient people of the region, with their fierce pride, their dark superstitions and poverty, and their yearning for beauty.




The Selection

Okay, so The Selection is a series. I'm cheating. Like I said, I can't chose three books! I love this one for so many reasons. For 35 girls, the selection is the chance of a lifetime. The chance to live in a palace and compete for the heart of the gorgeous prince. But for one girl, being selected is a nightmare. It means turning her back on her real love who is a caste below her, leaving her home to enter a fierce competition for a crown she doesn't want. There's murder, betrayal, suspense, and general girliness that I can't get enough of! 





Twilight Saga

Another series, another cheat! If you don't know about this series, I assume you don't care or you've been living under a rock the last 10 years, so I won't even bother to recap this one! (Grin!)





And of course if I'm going to survive on a deserted island I have to have God's Word! This is my favorite study bible out there. It uses the inductive study method designed to allow God's Word to become its own commentary. Readers are guided along with the help of study tools and questions that enable them to make the most of Scripture. I can't sing the praises of this bible enough!



***********


I hope you all enjoyed this "Stranded!" post. Something fun and easy. Happy Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment