Thursday, January 14, 2016

Just Me, JC - How I Stay Motivated and Inspired!


I am often asked how I stay so perky.


I suppose I do a good impersonation of Tigger bouncing on my tail all day every day. I go go go like it's nothing until I crash face first into my pillow at night. Life has a way of being exhausting, but it also has a way of being awesome if you give it your all.


Today I wanted to share with you some of the ways I stay motivated and inspired on a daily/weekly/yearly basis. I hope some of these tips help you stay more grounded and motivated in your daily lives as well.




First up is my Erin Condren Life Planner. It is the absolute best planner I have found. It comes with all kinds of stickers that are color coded and symbolic of events. I even bought some little dog paw stickers at the craft store one day to use in my planner as well. They represent the day Peanut get's his heart worm medicine. The Life Planner is super easy to use, and I can't suggest it enough!







In 2015 I used this vertical edition where the day is divided into thirds.




For 2016 I opted for this horizontal layout. So far I like it better.



Y'all have heard me mention my love affair with Lara Casey many times before. She is just so encouraging and empowering. This year I purchased the 2016 Powersheet Workbook. 




You can see more details on Powersheets here.



Each month is divided into goals and ways to stay more intentional and empowered. I can't get over how much I love this book!



It also comes with stickers to decorate and inspire as well!
(Apparently I have a thing for stickers!)



I do journal daily, but that's not what this is. I use this notebook to IMAGINE. Good writers are first good readers and observers of life. That's what I use this book for. I write down anything that I feel would be a good illustration for a message, any kind of helpful tips I pick up on writing and sharing, and also any future topic I might want to explore with God and these computer keys. It's all about the power of words.



I inscribed this verse in the front cover:
"Now to Him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or IMAGINE according to His power that is at work within us." Ephesians 3:20.


That's all that I could possibly ask for with my speaking and writing dreams. 



Another Lara Casey find that I love and use consistently is this Write the Word journal.




She gives you a scripture to write out yourself and then you write what it means to you on that day.




It really helps impress scripture upon your heart and also to really meditate on how it applies to your daily walk as well.



And of course the most important way to stay motivated and inspired every day is the Word. If you aren't spending time with God in His Word daily I cannot encourage you enough to get started! All motivation and inspiration starts right here. 



I prefer the New Inductive Study Bible by Precept Ministries International. You may know of Precept Ministries' Kay Arthur. I know I've mentioned her on the blog many times. I give her all the credit for teaching me how to read the Bible for myself. Her teachings are the absolute best I have found. Once you have a firm educational foundation, the Word just comes alive in new and exciting ways.



This isn't an example of Bible journaling. This is simply just me doing my Bible study and letting the Spirit lead me Himself.




How do you stay motivated and inspired every day? I would love to hear some of your thoughts in the comments. We grow together by sharing!

*********************************


Be sure to follow Vogue Happiness by email or Bloglovin!


I love hearing from you, so comment away with likes or thoughts for future posts.

You can follow along daily at:







No comments:

Post a Comment