Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Show and Tell Tuesday - Hometown Edition!






I'm a little late on this Show and Tell Tuesday and the link up is closed.

#lifegotbusy

Last week's Show and Tell was all about our hometowns, and I just had to share this one with you anyway!

Welcome to Purvis, Mississippi!



My parents moved me and my younger brother to Purvis in 1998. I was slightly less than impressed. I hated it actually. We had been talking about moving to the Blue Ridge Mountains in Northern Georgia, but nope, we moved further south in Mississippi.


I guess they knew what they were doing because we are still here!


*Side note - I was in a beauty pageant once and said I was from Purvis, so I guess that would make me a pur-vert.

I didn't win.

Ha!

We do not call ourselves purverts, I promise!



This is our courthouse...



And chancery building...


Nice, right?




Another Purvis landmark...





And this is my view from my kitchen window!

Not bad, huh?!




Christmas Carols in the Park




So here's the scoop on Purvis.

We are known for our tornadoes. Literally. We are always getting hit. You'd think we were in the middle of Kansas, but we are only an hour from the Mississippi Gulf Coast!

Purvis was completely wiped out by a tornado in 1907, so that's our big back story.

From that came...

The Purvis Tornadoes!
(Original, I know!)








You have to give us credit. A tornado is a hard mascot to wear!





A look at some of my favorite "tornadoes" from 2002!

I believe this was taken in an AP English class...



Here we are at our 10 year reunion in 2012!

We definitely look better with age!



On one of our many infamous space camp trips!

You can read all about my love affair with Space Camp here!





Some photos through my years in Purvis!

(Can you find me? Or better yet, my gigantic V of a chin?!)




I'm in the bottom left photo!





The bottom right photo of me is from Prom 2001. I'm second from the right, seated.


I enjoyed my years at Purvis High and living in the community of Purvis!






No comments:

Post a Comment