Tuesday, June 28, 2016

June Book Review!

Hey, friends! It's time for another book review!
I read several good books this month and couldn't wait to share them with you. There's a good mix of fiction, Christian inspo, and one on entrepreneurial success. When you're a blogger, you love to find those little nuggets of info that can help you succeed in your own business as well. 


First up...


Dear Mr. Knightley  -     By: Katherine Reay


Dear Mr. Knightley

I stumbled across this one in the bargain section of Lifeway and thought I would give it a try. It read in a series of letters to a Mr. Knightly and told of an orphan's journalistic success in college and beyond. It was such a fun and light read. I highly recommend it!



Wherever the River Runs: How a Forgotten People Renewed My Hope in the Gospel  -     By: Kelly Minter


Wherever the River Runs: How a Forgotten People Renewed My Hope in the Gospel

I loved this story. Kelly Minter is one of my favorite Bible study writers and in this book she shares her stories of traveling to the Amazon of Brazil. She reminds us that the gospel is what we are truly here for and nothing else quite compares.



I Don't Wait Anymore: Letting Go of Expectations and Grasping God's Adventure for You  -     By: Grace Thornton


I Don't Wait Anymore: Letting Go of Expectations and Grasping God's Adventure for You

I picked this one up on the spur of the moment and it turned out to be quite good. I related to Grace, the author, as she shared her struggles of being in her early 30s and still wondering what she should be doing and where she should be going. When all of her friends were married and having babies and living down the street from their parents, she longed for more. And she found out why. This is SO just like me.



Looking for Lovely: Collecting the Moments That Matter   -     By: Annie Downs



Looking for Lovely: Collecting the Moments That Matter

I love Annie Downs and her writing! She is so relatable and easygoing. Her storytelling completely enraptures you and gives you the inspiration you need at the same time. I can't say enough good things about this book!





When Breath Becomes Air

I was looking forward to reading this book. It was very - intellectual. I'm kinda glad I've watched Grey's Anatomy all these years so I could understand some of the medical terminology flying around. The writer is in his 30s and in his final years of his surgical residency when he gets diagnosed with an incurable lung cancer. He dies while writing this book (that's not a spoiler - it's on the back!), and his wife finishes it for him. It was good once, but I doubt I reread it.




The Readers of Broken Wheel Recommend

This was a cute, fun, lighthearted read. If you're even remotely from the country you can relate. A young lady from Sweden travels to Iowa to meet her book-loving pen pal and falls in love with more than just books. If you're a lover of books, you'll love this book!





The Glitter Plan

I read this one for fun and encouragement on how to build my brand as a writer and speaker. I love me some Juicy Couture, so it was fun having the creators as mentors for me as well. I wouldn't recommend this to read if you aren't looking for business inspo, but if you are...absolutely!



 

Pretty Little Liars Book 11                       Pretty Little Liars Book 12

And last, but not least, I'm still working my way through the Pretty Little Liars series. I'm getting closer and closer to the end.


What have you been reading lately? Do you have any suggestions for me?


**************


Be sure to follow Vogue Happiness by email or Bloglovin!


I love hearing from you, so comment away with likes or thoughts for future posts.

You can follow along daily at:



No comments:

Post a Comment